[Mplayer-advusers] some suggestions etc. for mplayer

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Fri Mar 15 20:05:14 CET 2002

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Arpi wrote:

> bazze came from bazmeg...

	Hmm, yeah, that helps...:) Dare I ask what bazmeg means? Learning
Hungarian one word at a time here...

> btw in which proggy you seen that?

	libfame/test.c :
#define BUFFBAZZE 0x100000
unsigned char bufi[BUFFBAZZE];

> Gabu means wrong aspect ration. it is not a codec issue!

	Good, I feel absolved.

> it can be set from commandlien with -aspect, then it works well.
> he just wanted to know, if it could happen automatically, as most demuxers
> can get this parameter out from headers.
> so, do you have aspect ratio information in roq file headers?

	Nope. The RoQ file is very minimal about the info it provides. It
specifies width and height, and it might specify FPS, but we're not
completely sure yet.

> yes, your demuxers has problems with a/v PTS, and so they broke a-v sync.
> you shuold rtfm tech-eng.txt, if i remember well, i've commented pts system
> there

	All right, I'll spend some quality time with this. I really do
need to use the pts system if I want FILM playback to work correctly.

	Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson