[Mplayer-advusers] some suggestions etc. for mplayer

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Mar 15 18:03:01 CET 2002

Hi,

> > > Based on your feedback, I may go that route.
> > rul :)
>
> 	Hmmm, 'rul'...is this another Hungarianism, like bazze (saw that
> in one of A'rpi's test programs)?

rul is short form of rulez

bazze came from bazmeg...

btw in which proggy you seen that?

> > Yes, too tall. Have you never seen a RoQ file played in game? :)
>
> 	Nope, too busy hacking on MPlayer to be bothered with games...:)
> If you could, download Dr. Tim's reference implementation of the RoQ
> decoder at:
>   http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~timf/videocodec.html
> The file is idroq.tar.gz. Uncompress it, make it and run sroqplay, which
> is an SDL player for the RoQ files. I'm just wondering if you notice the
> same issue with his player as mine.

Gabu means wrong aspect ration. it is not a codec issue!
it can be set from commandlien with -aspect, then it works well.
he just wanted to know, if it could happen automatically, as most demuxers
can get this parameter out from headers.
so, do you have aspect ratio information in roq file headers?

> > It does go async :( I'm not sure if it is FPS problem, as A/V sync keeps
> > changing between -0.5 and 0.5 :(( Maybe that's the problem itself. Why is
> that
> > happening?
>
> 	I'm going to experiment with different FPS values this weekend.
> Proper FPS is proving to be a moving target, as usual (it happens with all
> of my demuxers).

yes, your demuxers has problems with a/v PTS, and so they broke a-v sync.
you shuold rtfm tech-eng.txt, if i remember well, i've commented pts system
there

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team