[Mplayer-advusers] some suggestions etc. for mplayer

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Fri Mar 15 17:34:43 CET 2002

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Gabucino wrote:

> > Based on your feedback, I may go that route.
> rul :)

	Hmmm, 'rul'...is this another Hungarianism, like bazze (saw that
in one of A'rpi's test programs)?

> Yes, too tall. Have you never seen a RoQ file played in game? :)

	Nope, too busy hacking on MPlayer to be bothered with games...:)
If you could, download Dr. Tim's reference implementation of the RoQ
decoder at:
  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~timf/videocodec.html
The file is idroq.tar.gz. Uncompress it, make it and run sroqplay, which
is an SDL player for the RoQ files. I'm just wondering if you notice the
same issue with his player as mine.

> It does go async :( I'm not sure if it is FPS problem, as A/V sync keeps
> changing between -0.5 and 0.5 :(( Maybe that's the problem itself. Why is that
> happening?

	I'm going to experiment with different FPS values this weekend.
Proper FPS is proving to be a moving target, as usual (it happens with all
of my demuxers).

	Thanks...
--
	-Mike Melanson