[Mplayer-advusers] some suggestions etc. for mplayer

Gabucino gabucino at mplayer.dev.hu
Fri Mar 15 17:02:35 CET 2002

> Based on your feedback, I may go that route.
rul :)

> >  - detects wrong aspect (RTCW intro, as always:), -aspect 16:7 fixes it
> >    Does RoQ actually contain aspect value?
> 	I don't quite follow you here. Does this mean the frame's
> dimensions are messed up? All I do is read the movie's width and height
> from the file and let MPlayer worry about the rest.
Yes, too tall. Have you never seen a RoQ file played in game? :)

> 	A/V desync: Does this mean that the audio and video don't match
> up?
Yes.

> I started to notice that in the RTCW intro, but the excerpt was so
> brief, that I couldn't tell for sure (a movie has to progress for awhile
> before you really notice sync problems).
It does go async :( I'm not sure if it is FPS problem, as A/V sync keeps
changing between -0.5 and 0.5 :(( Maybe that's the problem itself. Why is that
happening?

> so I've always qualified them as "strange"...:) Can you explain them, or
> is the answer in TFM?
the latter :)

> 	Another problem I'm noticing that I can't account for is that when
> I use the xmga target, the color is okay, but when I use the xv target,
> the U and V planes are reversed. Any clues on this?
Heh. Strange :)

--
Gabucino
"I think the developers placed this bug intentionally, so the GUI won't run