[Mplayer-advusers] Fw: [MPlayer-users] suggestion : -ac,-vc help

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Mon Jun 17 13:27:01 CEST 2002

On Sunday, 16 June 2002, Felix Buenemann wrote:
> On Sunday 16 June 2002 17:32, Dominik Mierzejewski wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > > A little suggestion about the -ac / -vc help option :
> > >
> > > If you have a precompiled mplayer package, you don't
> > > know if every codec is compiled in.
> > > So launching mplayer -vc help could report only
> > > codecs that are compiled in.
> > > Or perhaps a character like +/- could show
> > > compiled/not compiled codecs.
> > >
> > > Comments ?
> >
> > Great idea IMHO.
> Bad idea, no clean way to implement IMHO.

Well, I imagined this as
"try to load every codec from the list and see what happens"
but maybe you're right, it's not clean. :-)
Alternatively, we could generate codecs.conf at ./configure time.
Would that be cleaner?

--
MPlayer RPMs: http://msp-190.man.olsztyn.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/
Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <rathann(at)rangers.eu.org>