[Mplayer-advusers] asf demuxer looses frames?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Jul 7 22:02:54 CEST 2002

Hi,

> i noticed subj some time ago (when rev-eng wmv1) but forgot to report it :((((
>
> to be more precisse they arnt missing completly but instead are appended to
> the previous frame, the bitstream for such a appended frame looks like:
>
> 010001011001...100000 010001011001...100000 010001011001...100000END
> ^              ^      ^              ^      ^              ^
> head1          end1   head2          end2   head3          end3
> the start of each frame seems to be aligned to 8-bit
>
> i uploaded the files
> vftest2.wmv (shows the problem) (-vc ffwmv1 & wmv7) its ok in vmware windo$
> vftest2.avi mencoder generated source from which vftest2.wmv was created

sorry, it was my fault... a 100l one :)
asf has a silly thing called grouping, for very very little packets
(probably made for 50kbit :))) when micro-packets are grouped together to
mini-packets, and they are appended and stored in packets...

the problem was that my demuxer didn't increased sequence number when
splitted mini packet to micro packets, so they were re-appended at the end ;)

i'm commiting the fix to cvs now.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team