[Mplayer-advusers] MPlayer hangs with x11 output

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Tue Aug 13 15:48:14 CEST 2002

Hi, long time no see!

I have no other way than using X11 output here, because I have no root
rights etc. But that doesn't work either, because MPlayer hangs (it simply
stops before opening the output windows. It was like that with older
version, but with current CVS (5 minutes old), too.

I guess it must be either some check for X11 extensions, which the old X
can't handle, or it's a problem with output rights (because .Xauthority is
checked), but of course other programs' output works fine.

Please don't tell me to upgrade. I know that it's needed...

Christoph

System: SuSE 7.0 (german)

     * kernel version:
Linux lieb 2.2.16 #1 Wed Aug 2 20:22:26 GMT 2000 i686 unknown

     * libc version:
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root      4070406 Jul 30  2000 /lib/libc.so.6*

     * X version:

XFree86 Version 3.3.6 / X Window System
Release Date: January 8 1999
        If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your card is newer
        than the above date, look for a newer version before reporting
        problems.  (see http://www.XFree86.Org/FAQ)
Operating System: Linux 2.2.14 i686 [ELF] SuSE
Configured drivers:
  SVGA: server for SVGA graphics adaptors (Patchlevel 0):
      NV1, STG2000, RIVA 128, RIVA TNT, RIVA TNT2, RIVA ULTRA TNT2,
      RIVA VANTA, RIVA ULTRA VANTA, RIVA INTEGRATED, GeForce 256,
     [...]

     * gcc and ld versions:
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-suse-linux/2.95.2/specs
gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)

GNU ld version 2.9.5 (with BFD 2.9.5.0.24)

     * binutils version:

GNU assembler 2.9.5
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License.  This program has absolutely no warranty.
This assembler was configured for a target of `i486-suse-linux'.

   Hardware & drivers
     * CPU info (this works on Linux only):

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 8
model name      : Pentium III (Coppermine)
stepping        : 3
cpu MHz         : 701.613
cache size      : 256 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
sep_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 mmx fxsr xmm
bogomips        : 1399.19

     * Video card manufacturer and model, e.g.:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Vanta [NV6] (rev 15)

     * Video driver type & version, e.g.:

X built-in driver

     * Sound card type & driver, e.g.:

00:0f.0 Multimedia audio controller: Ensoniq 5880 AudioPCI (rev 02)
        Subsystem: Ensoniq Creative Sound Blaster AudioPCI128

     * For playback problems
      mplayer -v [options] [filename] &> mplayer.log

-> attached.

--
Christoph H. Lampert chl at math,uni-bonn,de | Diese Signature wurde maschi-
Beringstr. 6, Raum 14 Tel. (0228) 73-2948 | nell erstellt und bedarf