[Mplayer-advusers] [BUG] vobsub subtitles "hang"; vobsub alpha channel issue

Joerg Sauer js-mail at gmx.net
Sat Apr 6 19:30:56 CEST 2002

Hello everybody,

first of all please forgive me for using this list but for some reason my
postings are not showing up on mplayer-users... no idea what's wrong there.

Anyway, there are two issues with vobsub I'd like to report
(MPlayer-20020406):

- I have a .sub/.idx file that causes the rendering engine to screw up alpha
channel management. The letters of the subtitles have small "holes" where the
underlying movie is showing through. I could temporarily (just to watch a
movie) remedy this by adding this to spudec.c
  alpha[0] = 1;
  alpha[1] = 1;
  alpha[2] = 1;
  alpha[3] = 0;
right after the loop that calls mkalpha() 4 times but obviously this is not a
proper fix.

I'll upload the sub/idx pair to your FTP site so you can check whether this
is reproducible for you.

- In this release subtitles don't seem to disappear until the next subtitle
is displayed. This can cause subtitles to "hang" there for a long time until
there is some dialog in the movie again. MPlayer-20020329 did not have this
problem!

Thanks,
Joerg