[Mplayer-advusers] New standards

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Thu Dec 13 21:26:12 CET 2001

hi Nick,

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001 21:27:56 +0300
Nick Kurshev <nickols_k at mail.ru> wrote:

> Any idea, suggestions, commentaries - PLEASE!!!

Yes, a fast and generic interfaces is a real need for linux
(and other free unixes). At the moment, the only generic
interface is X11 (XF86 to be precise), but X11 is designed to
be a 2D interface w/o optimisation for multimedia at all.
I dont know how good Xv is, but i think it's too big for
what we need and also not available for every graphics
card.
Or in short words: yes, please do it.

I know i neither have the time nor the knowledge to
really help you, but you can count on my for testing
(but not before february :-(

Greetings

		Attila Kinali

--