[MEncoder-users] MEncoder skips duplicate frames even with -vf harddup and -noskip

L. Lee llee040 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 30 18:01:09 CET 2012

On 12/13/12 4:08 PM, "Carl Eugen Hoyos" <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

>L. Lee <llee040 <at> sbcglobal.net> writes:
>
>> Wait, I was considering this again before compiling a few as requested,
>> and it occurred to me to ask this. Are you asking for samples of the
>> poorly telecined files I was complaining about, or are you simply asking
>> for any of the telecined source files I frequently work with?
>
>I am not sure what "any" means (here) but it is easy to
>produce perfectly (uncut) telecined samples (for example
>with MEncoder, but it also works with FFmpeg).
>I have no idea how I could get "poorly" telecined files,
>so while "any" files may be useful, "poorly" ones are
>definitely preferred.

Sorry it took so long. Here are three very brief examples of poorly
telecined video that I frequently convert to 24 fps from 60 fps. These
include examples of frames that are skipped or duplicated in the output.
Also included is the MEncoder command line used for the inverse telecine
transcoding. Thanks.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/42718751/Inverse_Telecine.zip

Laine Lee