[MEncoder-users] Audio Sync issues

Jeff Cranmer jeff at lotussevencars.com
Thu Sep 15 04:14:17 CEST 2011

Hi All,

I've been trying to convert some h.264 videos (from my Hauppauge HD-PVR)
into divx so that it can be played back on a Sylvania portable DVD
player with an SD card slot.

The transcoded file can be played back successfully using vlc on my PC,
but when I play it on the portable unit, the audio is extremely out of
sync.  Can anyone provide guidance on how to improve the audio sync.

The command that I'm using is below.

mencoder infile.mpg -noodml -ffourcc XVID -vf scale=720:480 -ovc lavc
-lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:threads=8:vbitrate=4000:cmp=2:subcmp=2:trell=yes:v4mv=yes:mbd=2:aspect=16/9 -oac pcm -channels 6 -o outfile.avi

Thanks in advance

Jeff