[MEncoder-users] encoding to mpg

Albert Scholtalbers compuvision.sr at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 23:17:13 CEST 2010

Hi Olive,

Why don't you use FFmpeg? My experience is that you only need Mencoder if
you have .ts recordings. Otherwise FFmpeg is more easy and has more
examples. If you use Windows give WinFF a try, it is FFmpeg with a GUI
Basic video essentials is very usefull to determine what you realy want as
there are many options like:
- Frame rate
- Resolution
- Aspect ratio