[MEncoder-users] ac3 mistaken for mp3 in recent versions of MEncoder

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Apr 29 07:10:12 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 04:28:16PM -0500, Laine Lee wrote:
> MPlayer and MEncoder can't do
> anything with the native capture file in its original format, so I have to
> export.

Well, you might be able to find someone willing to add support for the format
if you e.g. submit a feature request to FFmpeg...

> So in answer to your question, I think it
> disappears only when I cut both, because I can't cut one or the other
> without changing the entire process I'm using.

That's the wrong way of cutting it, like this it might be a bug in your
exporting program.
You should use the large files that fail and then use e.g. dd or some other program
(there should be some GUI ones e.g. for splitting a file so you can burn it in parts
on multiple CDs and often they can split them down to rather small sizes) to
just get the first part of _exactly_ these files.