[MEncoder-users] simple edl not working?

Etienne Buira etienne.buira.lists at free.fr
Sun Oct 4 00:13:14 CEST 2009

On Sat, Oct 03, 2009 at 11:00:29PM +0100, Mikhail Ramendik wrote:
> 2009/10/3 Etienne Buira <etienne.buira.lists at free.fr>:
>
> >> However, the resultig video is nearly an exact copy of the original,
> >> except for a format change (TS to MPG). Only the first specified piece
> >> (0.00 to 1.72) is skipped. And if I delete that line, nothing at all
> >> is skipped.
> >
> > I think it skipped some parts, even if it is not as precise as you want.
>
> It did not, BUT I found a way to make it work.
>
> If I first copy the video into an mpg file (-ovc copy -oac copy -of
> mpeg), and then use the edl starting with the mpg file (-ovc copy -oac
> copy -edl c.edl), editing works perfectly. All without re-encoding.

Then I think your source file probably have some weirdness about
timestamps, maybe you can avoid the remuxing step by creating the edl
using timestamps (instead of, I assume, reading time).

> I will try to get a newer version - I run Debian Lenny and this one is
> a package from debian-multimedia.org; I will try to apply the
> packaging to latest code.

The svn tree contains everything needed to build a debian package, read
debian/README.debian for a simple cookbook.