[MEncoder-users] simple edl not working?

Mikhail Ramendik mr at ramendik.ru
Sun Oct 4 00:00:29 CEST 2009

2009/10/3 Etienne Buira <etienne.buira.lists at free.fr>:

>> However, the resultig video is nearly an exact copy of the original,
>> except for a format change (TS to MPG). Only the first specified piece
>> (0.00 to 1.72) is skipped. And if I delete that line, nothing at all
>> is skipped.
>
> I think it skipped some parts, even if it is not as precise as you want.

It did not, BUT I found a way to make it work.

If I first copy the video into an mpg file (-ovc copy -oac copy -of
mpeg), and then use the edl starting with the mpg file (-ovc copy -oac
copy -edl c.edl), editing works perfectly. All without re-encoding.

I will try to get a newer version - I run Debian Lenny and this one is
a package from debian-multimedia.org; I will try to apply the
packaging to latest code.

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik