[MEncoder-users] pullup question

Scott Larson scowl at pacifier.com
Fri Jan 23 07:01:47 CET 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 20:03 -0600, Matyas Sustik wrote:
> Should I expect a better situation if I were to get cable or satellite?

Assuming you're in the U.S., no. Cable companies send their subscribers
the same MPEG-2 stream that local stations send over the air. If the
station wanted to send a different stream to the cable company, they'd
have to buy another encoder which is a needless expense (some stations
here have been using the same encoder for almost ten years).