[MEncoder-users] pullup question

Matyas Sustik mplayer.list at sustik.com
Fri Jan 23 03:03:41 CET 2009

Scott W. Larson wrote:
> There is a way to specify duplicate frames in MPEG-2 and it was intended
> for exactly this kind of situation. No network uses it. ABC can't because
> affiliates are decoding and reencoding an MPEG-2 feed from the network so
> the flags are lost. Fox could certainly use it with their splicer system
> since the affiliates pass Fox's MPEG-2 stream bit by bit, but they don't
> use it. I don't know why not.

Should I expect a better situation if I were to get cable or satellite?
So far I am turned off from any such subscription service because I cannot
be sure what quality I would get.  The second reason is that I do not watch
*that* much TV...

Matyas
-
Every hardware eventually breaks.  Every software eventually works.