[MEncoder-users] Converting H.264-AVC 1920 X 1080 to mpeg-2

L Lee llee040 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 19 16:46:12 CET 2009

On 2/19/09 7:52 AM, "Christian Ebert" <blacktrash at gmx.net> wrote:

> Perhaps it's the HD material. With my h264 stuff I get good
> results, just tested -- normally I have DV as source, though. I'm
> curious, can you upload a /small/ sample somewhere for me to try?

You bet, I'll send it right over.

> Apart from that, if movtoy4m works for you, use it ;-)

It's very slow. On an 8-core machine purchased last summer I can only get
about 1 second of video for about 4 seconds processing. I haven't tweaked it
much, because I really don't know how. That's the pipe, I don't have enough
disk space to deal with the files movtoy4m can make. Thanks.

Laine Lee