[MEncoder-users] Converting H.264-AVC 1920 X 1080 to mpeg-2

Christian Ebert blacktrash at gmx.net
Thu Feb 19 14:52:04 CET 2009

* L Lee on Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 23:13:30 -0600
> On 2/18/09 6:12 PM, "Christian Ebert" <blacktrash at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> I roughly do the following for dvd:
>>
>> $ qttoy4m in.mov | yuvdenoise | mpeg2enc <options> -o out.m2v
>
> Thanks. It doesn't appear to be compatible with my files. They are not .mov
> files, they are .mp4. If I rename them to .mov, QuickTime player can still
> play them.

Works for me with .mp4 as well, sorry for the suffix confusion.

> But when I send it the file with either name, qttoy4m complains
> about the corrupted frames, even if I just use "qttoy4m infile.mp4 >
> outfile.y4m". The .y4m file is created when I issue the command and the
> process continues to generate the complaints, but the outfile length remains
> at 0. I've let it run up to 20 minutes or so before killing it. The test mp4
> contains no audio and is only 49 seconds in duration. I'm wondering if
> something special has to be configured for the build for it to be able to
> process these HD mp4 files.

Perhaps it's the HD material. With my h264 stuff I get good
results, just tested -- normally I have DV as source, though. I'm
curious, can you upload a /small/ sample somewhere for me to try?

Apart from that, if movtoy4m works for you, use it ;-)

\black\trash movie    _C O W B O Y_  _C A N O E_  _C O M A_
Ein deutscher Western/A German Western
-->> http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/ccc.html
-->> http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/ccc-en.html