[MEncoder-users] Installing xvid support

karl-heinz-1950 at web.de karl-heinz-1950 at web.de
Tue Apr 14 19:49:08 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have read http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/codec-installation.html#xvid they say that I should take the daily snapshot, the xvid homepage sounds a bit different in that aspect. I have tried to run the commands given in link above After the first command cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.xvid.org:/xvid login I am asked for a password. What shall I enter?

Though mencoder page doesn't recommend the stable version I have installed the stable xvid 1.2.1 for Suse (from packman repo). Then I wanted to recompile mencoder I did a

make clean
./configure --enable-gui
make
make install

configure already showed:

Checking for Xvid ... no
Checking for Xvid two pass plugin ... no

Then

# mencoder -ovc help
MEncoder SVN-r29169-4.3 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team

Available codecs:
   copy     - frame copy, without re-encoding. Doesn't work with filters.
   frameno  - special audio-only file for 3-pass encoding, see DOCS.
   raw      - uncompressed video. Use fourcc option to set format explicitly.
   lavc     - libavcodec codecs - best quality!
   vfw      - VfW DLLs, read DOCS/HTML/en/encoding-guide.html.
   qtvideo  - QuickTime DLLs, currently only SVQ1/3 are supported.

So still no xvid support. What do I have to do?

Thanks!
K.
Verschicken Sie SMS direkt vom Postfach aus - in alle deutschen und viele
ausländische Netze zum gleichen Preis!
https://produkte.web.de/webde_sms/sms