[MEncoder-users] Newbie struggling with pullup

Grozdan Nikolov (openSUSE Linux) microchip at telenet.be
Wed Feb 27 20:11:56 CET 2008

On Wednesday 27 February 2008 19:29, Laine Lee wrote:
> I'm still trying to convert my telecined video source (1280X720, 60 fps) to
> 16X9 DVD (720X480, 30000/1001). I'm assuming I've correctly identified the
> source as telecined, because the frame rate is 60 fps (or thereabouts, if I
> may be allowed to say so) and when I pause it and advance 1 frame at a time
> as suggested in the mplayer documentation, I generally see the same frame
> until the 3rd press of the "." key and then the same frame again until the
> second press of the key, and so on.

are you sure you're dealing with telecined content and not just interlaced? if
it's interlaced, you can deinterlace it with yadif or pp=lb and reduce its
frame rate to 29.97 fps using the framestep filter. Your command line could
look like

-vf yadif=0,framestep=2,softskip -fps 60000/1001 -ofps 30000/1001

IIRC pullup can only handle frame rates of 24000/1001 and 30000/1001

--
Regards