[MEncoder-users] Mencoder stops encoding after a few minutes

Pierre Catello pierre.catello at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 20:56:47 CET 2006

2006/12/2, Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com>:

> 5GB is quite big. I don't know if the said "official" binary is
> compiled with big files support and/or odml support, but I'd say that
> you should try to compile your own binary and make sure it's enabled,
> and that you test encoding with and without odml (more info in the
> docs).

How can I check which options Mencoder supports or is compiled with ?
Is there something like mencoder --version or --config ?
Or, alternatively, is the makefile that generated the binaries at
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html
can be download from somewhere ?

Isn't it a bit too much to expect end users to recompile Mencoder or running
Mplayer inside gdb ;-) ?

Pierre