[MEncoder-users] Mencoder stops encoding after a few minutes

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 15:32:17 CET 2006

Hi,

On 12/2/06, Pierre Catello <pierre.catello at gmail.com> wrote:

> The source file is a 5 GB DV footage edited and exported from Sony Vegas.
> I'm running Mplayer/Mencoder 1.0 rc1 (official binaries) on windows 2000 and
> cygwin (but problems are the same witout cygwin), and the computer hardware
> is trusty (non overclocked, good ram, no problem reported by memtest86 and
> no crash in other context)

5GB is quite big. I don't know if the said "official" binary is
compiled with big files support and/or odml support, but I'd say that
you should try to compile your own binary and make sure it's enabled,
and that you test encoding with and without odml (more info in the
docs).

Guillaume
--
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing
which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations