[MEncoder-users] Re: low fps flash video (flv)

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed Apr 5 19:18:19 CEST 2006

On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 10:05:20 -0700
Jon Drukman <jsd at cluttered.com> wrote:

> how did you determine 194 frames?  by looking at this?
> MOV: longest streams: A: #-1 (0 samples)  V: #0 (194 samples)

No, actually I just let mplayer play through it, and read the last
status line: "V:  15.3 194/194".  "mplayer -vc null -vo null -ao null
-benchmark" works quite well.

> is it safe to  assume that other file formats are not lying when they
> report the VIDEO_FPS?

Nope.  Asf/wmv in particular just say 1000fps.  Because they are
variable FPS, you have to guess a good -ofps (not -fps!) value to
use (same method as above).