[MEncoder-users] Re: low fps flash video (flv)

Jon Drukman jsd at cluttered.com
Wed Apr 5 19:05:20 CEST 2006

RC wrote:
>> VIDEO:  [cvid]  160x120  24bpp  0.750 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
>> ID_FILENAME=saturn_spoke.mov
>> ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=cvid
>> ID_VIDEO_FPS=0.750
>> ID_LENGTH=15
>
> Well, that's obviously the problem.  The video is 15.3s long, with 194
> frames, yet the FPS says 0.75...  That's precisely why it's been
> skipping many frames, and/or incredibly slowed-down (using -noskip).
>
> You just need to add -fps 1940/153 to your mencoder command-line to get
> a good FLV file.

how did you determine 194 frames?  by looking at this?

MOV: longest streams: A: #-1 (0 samples)  V: #0 (194 samples)

i've been running -identify on as many video samples as i can find and
it seems like only .mov format provides that output line.  is it safe to
assume that other file formats are not lying when they report the VIDEO_FPS?

>> it's probably possible to compile a 32 bit mencoder on a 64 bit system
>> but i haven't been able to figure it out.
>
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/faq.html#id2543475

yeah, my gcc is not installed properly, according to the FAQ.  i'll have
to get the system administrators to look into that.

-jsd-