[MEncoder-users] Compiling mplayer/ffmpeg from cvs

Meino Christian Cramer Meino.Cramer at gmx.de
Tue Jun 14 20:13:13 CEST 2005

From: Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de>
Subject: Re: [MEncoder-users] Compiling mplayer/ffmpeg from cvs
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:59:03 +0200

> These bugs are triggered "at random" and caused by gcc not handling inline
> assembly very well. Up to now changing the compiler version always fixed
> it...
>
> Greetings,
> Reimar Döffinger

...and how often I should randomly change versions of gcc and how much
versions should I have on my harddisc to be prepared for radmomly
triggered "incompatibilities"....and how much impact will this have on
the rest of my development ?

There is ONE application -- mplayer -- which triggeres such randomly
bugs.

What's about clean code ?

Kind regards,
M.Cramer