[MEncoder-users] Re: that Inu Yasha material with dotcrawl

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Dec 19 11:07:17 CET 2005

On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 08:47:11AM +0100, Fredrik Eriksson wrote:

> >>This has absolutely nothing to do with the dotcrawl. If you're sure
> >>the official R1 DVDs you have are clean, then he got dotcrawl because
> >>he bought pirated "region 0" discs from some disreputable vendor.
> >>

> >The pirated ones I saw that were TV rips had the dotcrawl bad. The guy
> >insisted he was ripping legit R1 or R2 discs... But then why did he have
> >the extreme red bloom?!
> >
> >Whatever.
> >
> Hardly relevant is it? the dotcrawl was the inportant part, I can give

I was saying that doing the ivtc incorrection will not cause dotcrawl,
i.e. they're too unrelated topics.

> you other clips from my Maison Ikkoku DVDs that also has dotcrawl, and
> those are definitly leagal (unless viz has started to sell HKDVDs on
> thier online store). There are other titles as well where I've seen it

Dotcrawl certainly does not mean you got a bootleg DVD by itself.
However if another user has confirmed that the "legitimate" DVD has no
dotcrawl, then it would be my strong suspicion that the DVD with
dotcrawl is a low quality bootleg.

> (though none has been even close to as bad as these). The one who gave
> me the IY DVDs are unavailable so I can't ask where he bought them
> (probably wouldn't do it anyway...), still, you said it was the "old,
> crappy HK bootleg dvd's" and that the new ones with dual audio looks
> better. Since the dvds I have are dual audio, it can't be the ones you
> talk about.

There are plenty of dual audio HKDVDs.

> If you say that you have the retail dvds and that they don't have the
> dotcrawl, then I suppose these are bootlegs, lets just settle with that.

You keep misinterpreting what I say...

Rich