[MEncoder-users] Re: x264 lossless, or is it?

Hans-Carl Oberdalhoff hcoberdalhoff at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 6 08:35:09 CET 2005

2005/12/5, Aleksandar Uzelac <uzi at galeb.etf.bg.ac.yu>:

>   this is a great idea! i see that FFDSHOW is supporting this format. but can i
> use mencoder to make MPNG? and when i say mencoder, i mean win32 build. i dont
> have it in "-ovc help", and lavc "vcodec" doesn't have MPNG as an option (but in
> FFDSHOW it is libavcodec that handles this type of movie).

I can't test it right now, but something like this might work
mencoder mf://*.png -ffourcc MPNG -ofps 10 -ovc copy -nosound -o movie.avi

You HAVE to check the "ofps"! Or your movie will play too slow/fast.
And I have no clue, what fourcc is needed, so that ffdshow will accept
your movie. MPNG is just a guess.