[MEncoder-users] ffdshow spp for Doom9 codec comparison

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Tue Dec 6 04:41:24 CET 2005

Hello Milan,

I'm working on finding the best encoding and decoding settings for
libavcodec MPEG-4 so I can send them to Doom9 for the 2005 codec comparison.

According to my own tests, the best-looking decoding setting with
mplayer is '-vf spp=2'. Doom9 will be using Media Player Classic,
however, so I'm trying to find a way to use spp with ffdshow. I can
enable "SPP deblocking" in the ffdshow configuration, but the default
level is too much processing. I can't specify the quality parameter (2)
like I can with mplayer.

The "Processing strength" slider doesn't seem to have any effect. Is
there an option in the ffdshow configuration that I'm missing? If not,
could I request it?

For reference, I'm using ffdshow from here:
http://cutka.szm.sk/ffdshow-20051129.exe

Thank you,
Corey