[MEncoder-users] Low framerate when grabbing from VCR

Torsten Römer troemer at swipnet.se
Mon Nov 8 00:47:35 CET 2004

Matthew Paterson wrote / skrev:

> Try connecting the cable from the TV to the TV-Card. The VCR will play
> through the TV, and maybe that will help, as you said grabbing from the TV
> was ok.

My mistake. By "grabbing from TV" I meant grabbing from the tuner of the
TV card. That always works fine as well as grabbing from the DVD player
connected via Composite or S-Video. Also grabbing from the tuner of the
VCR connected to the TV card works fine.

Just when I grab from some video tapes, old or new ones, the framerate
is sometimes much below 25fps, even if the picture looks totally normal
in for example xawtv.

Torsten