[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] 5 year plan & Inovation

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri May 3 16:48:15 EEST 2024

Le 3 mai 2024 15:58:50 GMT+03:00, "Ondřej Fiala" <ofiala at airmail.cc> a écrit :
>On Fri May 3, 2024 at 7:46 AM CEST, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:

>> >This argument can actually go in both directions
>>
>> No, it can't.
>I wish your replies were more constructive

Then don't make ridiculously extreme arguments.

>> > Since the Web and web
>> >browsers weren't meant for performing code review either.
>>
>> I was obviously and explicitly talking about Github and Gitlab web
>> applications, not the browsers. You're being ridiculous.
>A web application is just a bunch of JavaScript and/or Web Assembly
>running in a web browser that supports it.

By that logic, your mail client is just a bunch of C or C++ files compiled together, and your processor is just a bunch of VHDL synthesised into silicon. This is called a reduction to absurd fallacy.

I don't care how much you despise web development. That doesn't change the *fact* that Gitlab is designed to manage code reviews and merges and mail clients are *not*.