[DVDnav-discuss] dvdnav stream read error

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Wed Jun 23 20:22:15 CEST 2010

>> Sorry to lay on the problems, but I just tried my only _other_ dvd and had
>> another failure:
>>
>> r at r-laptop:~/Downloads/mplayer-export-2010-06-22/libdvdnav$ mplayer
>> dvdnav://1
>> MPlayer SVN-r31525-snapshot-4.4.3 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team
>>

>> Exiting... (End of file)
>> r at r-laptop:~/Downloads/mplayer-export-2010-06-22/libdvdnav$
>>

>> I can file a bug report if anyone thinks that I could, also if I knew the
>> correct place to file it.
>>

> I read both dvds, without problems, but it doesn't mean a lot. First check
> that libdvdcss was compiled in
> (most likely yes, since it seems to be an svn checkout), then check the
> surface of the dvds for scratches.
> They are both old titles that didn't undergo any special treatment.

I tend to agree. In the first report libdvdnav is asserting because
libdvdread failed to
extract some information. The only bug I see here is that libdvdread
is not giving
any real information as to why it is failing. But it might be failing
because it actually
had a problem reading?

Rich - If I gave you a patch for libdvdread would you be able try it out?

Erik Hovland
erik at hovland.org
http://hovland.org/