[rtmpdump] Building rtmpsuck with MSVC toolchain

Brendan Grant grantb at dahat.com
Fri Jan 2 08:44:26 CET 2015

Any chance someone has an Makefile or two for building rtmpsuck under the MSVC toolchain?

I'm trying to get to the bottom of why I cannot get an ffmpeg build to connect to a certain (what I believe to be an) RTMPS stream for interop reasons (bringing the stream to other mobile platforms), so I've recently been trying to get rtmpsuck to build under my preferred toolchain (MSVC) under MinGW (because doing so in VS 2013 seems a bridge too far) as the existing 2 year old binary from http://rtmpdump.mplayerhq.hu/ fails to handshake (the same issue I seem to be having with full ffmpeg in my own wrapping app)... and being able to directly debug against it in my preferred tools would be useful to try to get a few steps further.

While I know there have been discussions in past over VC lacking C99 support, and so preventing building under the MSVC toolchain, that does seem to be something that's been supported for a while now (ffmpeg is buildable under MSVS 2013 for example)... so I must ask... does anyone have a functioning makefile to build the rtmpdump set of programs (including rtmpsuck) under MinGW & the MSVC toolchain?

When last I dug into this issue a number of months back it was quite clear that the makefile was pretty hard coded for non MSVC systems, but that a few tweaks of CC and expected o/obj files could improve things... I seem to have not saved my attempts from then.

Thanks,
Brendan