[rtmpdump] Librtmp connection problem

chucky chucky at wrutschkow.org
Thu Oct 13 10:55:50 CEST 2011

That was my first thought to but as I wrote rtmpdump.exe worked as
expected on my install so that sort of narrowed it down to being a
matter of how I was using librtmp.

But I actually figured it out my self just yesterday. In Windows
(Winsock2) you have to call WSAStartup bofore using socket functions.
Librtmp doesn't do this. Rtmpdump (in rtmpdump.c) does it before calling
RTMP_Init.

After adding these lines into my project it works:
#ifdef WIN32
   WORD version;
   WSADATA wsaData;

   version = MAKEWORD(1, 1);
   return (WSAStartup(version, &wsaData) == 0);
#endif