[rtmpdump] problem with a video website

mike beastyxl at mail.com
Thu Feb 25 03:42:09 CET 2010

 Hi everyone, I'm new here and new to rtmpdump but liking it so far. Big thanks to Howard for all your hard work.

I have been trying Carmelo's video for testing purposes because I got the same error as him when trying to cap a camsite I want to get streams from.
His video downloaded fine with RMC when reverted the flash player to version 9 (let me know if you want it Carmelo)

But rtmpsuck ends with an error, this is what I did:
$ sudo iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 1935 -m owner \! --uid-owner user2 -j REDIRECT
*changed to rel-2.1d directory
$ sudo su user2
$ ./rtmpsuck

open website in firefox,rtmpsuck starts saving the file but it never really loads in firefox

after 5 minutes it ends with:
ERROR: WriteN, RTMP send error 32 (147 bytes)

I gave user "user2" full privileges in sudo visudo
The video took 90 minutes to download in RMC so maybe it is the slow server's fault?

Am I using rtmpsuck properly?