[rtmpdump] problem with a video website

Dan Schmidt helpdeskdan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 01:16:07 CET 2010

As I remember, you need to create a new user account.  Maybe, "fake_user."

1 sudo iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 1935 -m fake_user -j
REDIRECT

2. Using account "fake_user" run rtmpsuck

3. Launch firefox  (not as fake_user)

4.  rtmpsuck downloads file while you watch it play

5.  quit rtmpsuck and 'sudo iptables -t nat -F' to undo nat table

6.  If it doesn't work, it's probably rtmpe flash 10 - it can't be
downloaded.