[rtmpdump] Having trouble with some certain RTMP streams

Howard Chu hyc at highlandsun.com
Wed Dec 30 10:59:20 CET 2009

Stef wrote:
> On 30/12/2009 7:14 PM, Howard Chu wrote:
>> I see that some recent Windows builds are out there:
>>
>> http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1308436&p=40#r784
>>
>> Too bad those guys seem to run into a lot of failures, but never post
>> any debug logs or send us any bug reports...
> Hi Howard...
>
> The debug logs are somewhat useless in our case with ABC.  ABC are using
> two different hosting servers.  One gives us perfect results each time
> (Hostworks - unmetered), but the other (Akamai - metered) gives us no
> end of trouble.  Trying all sorts of settings landed us with the current
> values we use now.
>
> The silly bit is that you can keep trying the Akamai server (same
> settings) and eventually it works!  Why? Who knows!  Looking inside the
> SWF client certainly doesn't give away any reason why it should work
> this way.  What logs would you like (what details or would you just
> prefer the full logs) and do you want them sent here or to "pastebin"?

pastebin would probably be fine. Full log (rtmpdump -z) from the current svn
build would be good, including all the commandline params.

> Anyway, make yourself known to us.  We'd certainly appreciate someone
> with some "inside info" that might be able to help us pin this one down.

Unfortunately I'm not in Australia so I can't look at this directly. But
you've got that backwards - my name is already all over this code, you should
already know me. It's *you* who have to make yourselves known to us, if you're
having problems and want to get help. This stuff gets downloaded by countless
people all over the world, we can't keep track of who you all are...