[rtmpdump] Having trouble with some certain RTMP streams

Stef my.my.cro at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 10:44:23 CET 2009

On 30/12/2009 7:14 PM, Howard Chu wrote:
> I see that some recent Windows builds are out there:
>
> http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1308436&p=40#r784
>
> Too bad those guys seem to run into a lot of failures, but never post
> any debug logs or send us any bug reports...
Hi Howard...

The debug logs are somewhat useless in our case with ABC.  ABC are using
two different hosting servers.  One gives us perfect results each time
(Hostworks - unmetered), but the other (Akamai - metered) gives us no
end of trouble.  Trying all sorts of settings landed us with the current
values we use now.

The silly bit is that you can keep trying the Akamai server (same
settings) and eventually it works!  Why? Who knows!  Looking inside the
SWF client certainly doesn't give away any reason why it should work
this way.  What logs would you like (what details or would you just
prefer the full logs) and do you want them sent here or to "pastebin"?

Anyway, make yourself known to us.  We'd certainly appreciate someone
with some "inside info" that might be able to help us pin this one down.

Regards,
Stefan Zakarias
(Anywho)