[NUT-devel] attachments

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Jan 16 17:07:37 CET 2008

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 02:17:22PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> they can only apply to a single stream. Neither of these limitations was in
> the original design.

Are you sure? It was always my intent that both kinds of info packets
be possible, stream-specific ones and global ones. Isn't this still in
the spec, albeit perhaps with some strange encoding of the
non-stream-specific status? Certainly most metadata like authorship,
title, copyright, etc. is not stream-specific but global to the work
as a whole.

*sigh* It's been way too long since I read the spec and the related
discussions I guess..

Rich