[MPlayer-users] VO: Description: Null video output

Craig Jameson cjarith at comcast.net
Wed Mar 30 23:33:42 EEST 2022

The Wanderer,

thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  I had been looking in
the wrong place.  I went through "config.log".  I found that looking
through the "configure" did not get me the names of the needed
packages.  But, going through config.log and then doing word searches
of the RedHat package list got me the names I needed.  I now have

[Salomon]$ mplayer -vo help
MPlayer 1.5-8 (C) 2000-2022 MPlayer Team
Available video output drivers:
        xv      X11/Xv
        gl_nosw OpenGL no software rendering
        x11     X11 ( XImage/Shm )
        xover   General X11 driver for overlay capable video output
drivers
        sdl     SDL YUV/RGB/BGR renderer (SDL v1.1.7+ only!)
        gl      OpenGL
        gl_tiled        X11 (OpenGL) - multiple textures version
        dga     DGA ( Direct Graphic Access V2.0 )
        fbdev   Framebuffer Device
        fbdev2  Framebuffer Device
        matrixview      MatrixView (OpenGL)
        v4l2    V4L2 MPEG Video Decoder Output
        xvidix  X11 (VIDIX)
        cvidix  console VIDIX
        null    Null video output
        mpegpes MPEG-PES to DVB card
        yuv4mpeg        yuv4mpeg output for mjpegtools
        png     PNG file
        jpeg    JPEG file
        tga     Targa output
        pnm     PPM/PGM/PGMYUV file
        md5sum  md5sum of each frame
        mng     MNG file

I now have a half dozen drivers, all of which work.

I learned something.  Thank you.

Craig.