[MPlayer-users] Error on GNUTLS when compiling MPlayer

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Feb 21 10:20:05 EET 2021

> On 20 Feb 2021, at 23:36, Stephane Ascoet <stephaneascoet at free.fr> wrote:
>
> 17/02/2021, Reimar Döffinger :
>> pkg-config --cflags gnutls
>

> Hi, "pkg-config --exists gnutls ; echo $?" gives 0
> pkg-config --cflags gnutls
> gives
> -I/usr/include/p11-kit-1

I have no explanation then. Are you using latest SVN?
The only 2 causes I can see from the code are:
- it picks a different pkg-config binary somehow
- —disable-gnutls was used…
You could add a couple of “echo” commands to the different ifs
in the gnutls section of configure to find out which of
the tests fail, but it all seems very weird/suspicious.

> Something elses worries me: when compiling without GnuTLS support, there's the following error still(it was there in the first place already, but I thought that it could posibly be linked with GnuTLS problem at that moment):
> "ffmpeg/libavcodec/libavcodec.a(allcodecs.o): In function `avcodec_register_all':
> allcodecs.c:(.text+0x644): undefined reference to `ff_qtrle_decoder'

No good explanation either, QTRLE should always be enabled.
Well, one. That decoder was added end of 2020, so if you did not
do a full “make distclean && ./configure” since the last FFmpeg
update you might just have a mixed up configuration.