[MPlayer-users] Addendum - How to exit an audio file

dan d. dandunfee at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 23:05:42 EEST 2020

I had asked today how one exits mplayer, esc works with video but nopt audio files.

One person mentioned the "q" keyboard command; which I had also tried but failed to mention previously. . I experimented and found the "q"
works if the audio file is on my machine.

The context I was speaking of but also failed to mention is when a file is streamed from the net.  A video exits with esc but not an audio
file.  I have to kill mplayer for an audio file to stop.

Thanks.