[MPlayer-users] Image too small, temporary buffers cannot function

Scott W. Larson scowl at wballphotos.com
Tue Nov 19 06:12:09 EET 2019

On 11/17/2019 08:35 AM, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On 02.11.2019, at 02:31, "Scott W. Larson" <scowl at wballphotos.com> wrote:
>

> With this command:
>
>      ./mplayer -fs -vo vdpau -vc ffmpeg12vdpau file.ts
> That's simply not supported by FFmpeg anymore, not much we can do about it.
> I split it so that you can use ffmpeg2vdpau or ffmpeg1vdpau instead, which seem to work.
Unfortunately I get "no video" with those. The good news is that the
ancient 1.2 version of mplayer (with its snapshot of ffmpeg) works
without any problems.
> I'd add though that I am not sure there is much point in MPEG-2 hardware decoding unless you have a PC that is more than 12 years old...
I've always used mplayer because the developers have worked hard to make
sure it uses the least amount of CPU and it has always been optimized
for the hardware which I've purchased. I don't think it's unreasonable
to want to use hardware acceleration if it's available.