[MPlayer-users] Quick (and hopefully simple) Mplayer query

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sun Nov 17 18:43:02 EET 2019

On 29.10.2019, at 07:43, "Paul Strickland" <paul_strickland at mail.com> wrote:

> I tried your example and I sort of understood what was happening. There is no need for me to worry about specifying the file name in the command line as I'm running from a .bat file. Everything can be pre-built. So I got the file to open, and pause, good so far. But I could only control it from the command line window. If I was in the playback window (as I would be in the final setup) hitting <space> to unpause playback caused the screen to lock.

This doesn't sound quite right, but yeah, slave mode changes input behaviour unless you set it up just right at least.
But I think you rather want
-input file=...
You can then either specify a file with the right loadfile command, or probably easier, just a file that contains just "pause".
Worked in my testing at least...
I have not tested if it might also break normal keyboard input, it's possible but I haven't tested enough to know for sure.