[MPlayer-users] Can I get a few tips on DVD ripping?

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 02:22:08 EEST 2017

On Unix / Linux systems, best and easiest way is to rip the dvd or data
cd with one simple command:
dd if=/dev/dvd of=my.file.name.iso bs=2K

You "might" speed up the rip if you use a multiple of 2K, such as 200K.

If your system does not have /dev/dvd, create a symlink to the actual
drive. On my Fedora system I do:
sudo ln -s /dev/sr0 /dev/dvd

Ditto for /dev/cd or /dev/cdrom if one does not already exist.