[MPlayer-users] help with mplayer screenshot functionality

stan RegBur_Flydan8 at q.com
Thu Nov 19 20:11:42 CET 2015

On Thu, 19 Nov 2015 14:31:07 +1000
"Vera L. te Velde" <vtevelde at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know another player that will extract
> the current paused frame and which allows stepping forwards frame by
> frame?

I know that avidemux allows stepping forward and back in video it is
editing.  I'm not sure about the screen shot though.  If nothing else
you can edit out all the fuzzy frames, and then use mplayer with the S
option to capture the whole video as screenshots.  That might be more
work than your current technique, though avidemux has markers, so you
could mark the start and end of the fuzz, and delete it all at once.

I thought that the s option captured the frame on the screen.  I
haven't noticed the effect you are talking about, at least.  When I
take a screenshot with command s in mplayer, it seems to be the same as
the video frame I was looking at.