[MPlayer-users] BBC Streaming Audio; They've Done it Again.

Martin G. McCormick martin at server1.shellworld.net
Sat May 16 00:22:41 CEST 2015

Carl Eugen Hoyos writes:
> (Generally, bug reports with -quiet are invalid.)

Good to know.

> Works fine here with:
> $ mplayer -playlist http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/bbcradio1.pls
>
> Carl Eugen

	Actually, this is very helpful. Thank you. You tried the
same link from Austria and it works. It was working perfectly
from here until last Friday. We had some kind of internet
malfunction some distance away as an internet stream I was
receiving from within our state was uneffected but 2 UK streams
and a ssh session to a server in another part of the United
states all vanished in an instant. Everything came back within a
couple of minutes except the UK streams which have not been
accessible since.

	I don't now think mplayer is having trouble. Whatever is
causing the UK streams not to appear is most likely related to
the internet glitch a week ago and I just didn't realize it at
the time. This is all very odd to say the least.

Martin McCormick