[MPlayer-users] Can mplayer plays Disney dvds?

Erik Auerswald auerswal at unix-ag.uni-kl.de
Thu Feb 26 16:47:29 CET 2015

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 08:06:01AM -0600, Matt Zagrabelny wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 4:16 AM, Tuan Nguyen <tuan2103 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > it seems that mplayer has problems with
> > playing Disney dvds with 99 titles.
> > [...]
>
> When encountering misbehaving Disney DVDs, this is the process I use:
> [...]
> mplayer -dvd-device disney_backup dvd://78
>
> Where 78 is the title that is sniffed from my standalone DVD player.

I assume you use the title number displayed by the DVD player. Does
anybody know if we can get this information from MPlayer while using
dvdnav://? Or another good idea to identify the title track?

I am using the simple heuristic to look for the longest title on a DVD.
This often works, but not for my problematic Disney DVD. It does not
work for some other DVDs either, but with a sensible amount of possible
titles (that are in the ballpark of the movie length) this can be found
out manually.

Thanks,
Erik
--
Do things that have never been done before.
                        -- Russell Kirsch