[MPlayer-users] Can mplayer plays Disney dvds?

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Thu Feb 26 15:06:01 CET 2015

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 4:16 AM, Tuan Nguyen <tuan2103 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> it seems that mplayer has problems with
> playing Disney dvds with 99 titles.
> I have tried a couple of ways (changing -vo, -vc,
> trying with all titles) but have not been successful yet.
>
> Any ideas?

When encountering misbehaving Disney DVDs, this is the process I use:

ddrescue -n -b 2048 /dev/dvd disney.iso disney.log
dvdbackup -i disney.iso -o disney_backup -M -n DISNEY

Then you have a VIDEO_TS directory in disney_backup and can:

mplayer -dvd-device disney_backup dvd://78

Where 78 is the title that is sniffed from my standalone DVD player.

Probably not the answer you were looking for. :)

-m