[MPlayer-users] mplayer can't play mp3 from signed url

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Thu Apr 9 20:59:42 CEST 2015

Hi!

On 2015-04-09 14:47 +0200, James Mbuthia wrote:
> Ah. Any tips on how to do that? Am not much of a linux guru
>
> On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 2:44 PM, wm4 <nfxjfg at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 09 Apr 2015 14:18:59 +0200
> > "Amir Hassan" <amir at viel-zu.org> wrote:
> >
> > > mplayer doesn't support https.
> > >
> > > there have been attempts to fix this, but they were rejected:
> > >
> > http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2007-February/049277.html
> >
> > Actually, I think it was added recently (using ffmpeg's http code), you
> > just have to compile ffmpeg with openssl or gnutls support.

  Yes, should be fixed since half a year.

  This is in the ./configure --help output:
  --disable-gnutls       disable GnuTLS [autodetect]

  So if you have gnutls including development files
installed it should be auto-detected. Please run
configure and check the output in config.log. There
should be a section starting with:

  ============ Checking for GnuTLS ============

  Alexander

P.S.